This is an effective yet gentle, safe and pleasant smelling preparation recommended for:
- The safe eradication of head lice
- Scabies (anecdotal evidence)
Thyme Heal’s Lice Treatment is safe and pleasant to use which is especially important when applying to the scalp of children. It is reported by our customers to give better protection against re-infestation than many standard treatments. Lice infestations have become a cyclical problem in schools and continued use of pharmaceuticals is showing lice are becoming resistant to them. Thyme Heal’s Lice Treatment is an effective and very safe alternative.
- Massage this preparation into hair and scalp for 3 minutes, cover the hair with glad wrap (or any plastic sheeting) and a warm towel and leave for 1 hour. Make sure you apply enough lotion to the head to ensure hair is thoroughly covered. As a guideline, use at least one small bottle (50ml) to treat a single head. Young children and those with thinner hair may need less, long thick hair may require more. To spread the lotion evenly along the length of the hair make a small partings, dividing the hair into 1 section at a time, applying a few drops of oil along the piece of hair. Repeat this process with other small sections until the whole scalp has been covered.
- After one hour, sit your child on a spread out newspaper. Remove the plastic and starting at the middle of the front of the scalp, comb the hair from the roots to the very end of the hair. Systematically part the hair from top front to back. After each stroke, remove any lice you find on the comb and place in rubbish, or have a bowl of water on hand to dip/rinse the comb into. Continue combing section by section until you’ve done the whole head of hair. Cover every inch of the scalp, giving particular attention to the area just behind the ears and at the nape of the neck.
- Wash hair with your normal shampoo and rinse.
- Comb through the hair with a fine tooth comb to remove remaining dead lice.
- The repetition of treatment is very important to break the cycle. Repeat in 1 week and then again in 2 weeks to eradicate any eggs that may have hatched in the interim.
- Meanwhile check every evening before bed using a fine comb. Removing the dark eggs which are right in the base of the hair shaft in the scalp is both tedious and traumatic. Useful but not essential. Getting out live lice is the important part. Research has found wet combing more effective than insecticides at curing head lice infestations. Combing through hair that is oiled or conditioned will be gentle and less traumatic for daily use.
Massage this preparation into hair and scalp for 3 minutes, cover the hair with glad wrap (or any plastic sheeting) and a warm towel and leave for 1 hour. Wash the hair with your normal shampoo and rinse. Comb through the hair with a fine tooth comb to remove dead lice. Repeat after 2 weeks to eradicate any eggs that may have hatched in the interim.
Aniseed oil - is recognised traditionally for treating mites and has been scientifically proven to be safe and effective at killing lice.
Rosemary, Tea Tree, Lavender, Geranium and Eucalyptus oils – all are strongly anti-parasitic and antimicrobial. They have been traditionally used as a treatment against lice.
Essential oils in this preparation have been added to a carrier oil to ensure they are not too strong for sensitive scalps..
Size: 50 ml - Price: NZ$13.50 Size: 100 ml - Price: NZ$22.00
Active ingredients: Aniseed oil, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Lavender, Geranium and Eucalyptus oils.
Essential oils in this preparation have been added to a carrier oil to ensure the final product is gentle for those with sensitive scalps.
Always read the label and use only as directed.
If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.